UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

6 Feb 2010

YOKO ONO - Approximately infinite universe (2 LP, Apple, 1972)

A quick research, and seems that this double album is not present in any other blog...  So, give a try to these beautiful songs, from the "woman-who-killed-thebeatles"....  Her voice is by nature really adorable, at times even slightly out of tune, which doesn't disturb the atmosphere at all! This time it's something completely different from her "fork torturing a porcelain plate" howling style!

 The album cover and the inner

The COUNTESS


26 comments:

  1. A great Lp,for me.Thanks,Dear Countess,again.
    Fabio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is VERY interesting. I remember Yoko ruining (to my ears) some fabulous get togethers (Clapton, Lennon, Klaus Voormann, Keith Richards) with her aimless caterwauling. On the other hand her husband became infinitely more interesting after he met her so she must have had something.

    Thanks Countess, I will listen to this with an open mind and get back to you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's even more interesting because I LOVE this album. I don't know how much of it is down to the musicianship (Wayne Gabriel is a great guitarist) but it's certainly music I could listen to again and again.

    I'm inclined to think that if Yoko Ono hadn't alienated so many people early on this might have ended up in the 'classic album' category. Oh well - she didn't do so badly for herself!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa..no problem with 'Fly', mi casa su casa...Great blog..thanks for the Yoko LP I've wanted to hear Approximately Infinite Universe for ages...

    ...earl..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vanessa could you delete my e-mail address or I'll be inundated with spam and nastyness ...


    cheers earl..

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww, Earl, I'm so terribly sorry, please forgive me, I really have no idea how it went, it was in any case a mistake with the mouse, for sure...!
    It's the 1st time it happens, sorry that it has been with you!

    Cheers, till soon, kiss

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. ......about the e-mail thing panic on my part I found out later that's it not that a big deal..if my comment came across in the wrong way and it wouldn't be the first time I aplolgize for any misunderstanding...Vanessa , I downloaded the Yoko LP twice and each time the files were broken..I use 7z to open files should I be using some other tool..btw you mis spelt Count on the Fly post lol !!!!.

    lord earl of rocksbury..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Earl, a mistake is a mistake, it was my fault, and in some cases certain distractions can bring a lot of stress to other people who don't deserve it, so, everything allryte, it was of course okay from you that you asked for deleting your address :_)
    Did I mis spell Count? I don't think so... Actually Count is synonimous of Earl, isn't it? It's great that a Count and a Countess are blog-friends :)
    As to Yoko, well... what can I say? MY Sendspace account tells me of 20 downöloads of this album, as I said it was totally absent from the blogs, so people have taken the chance right away to get it, and so far no one came back with problems. Maybe you should use the same engine that I use to pack files, which is Zip Genius. If you don't find it, I can send it to you. Let me know, okay? Hopefully it works...
    Kiss, bye bye my friend :-)
    The Dame Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vanessa ,I was a too slow out of the blocks.. Could you e-mail me the Yoko links

    ..cheers...


    ..earl..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I've been looking for these Yoko Ono albums everywhere and can't seem to find them. I would be SO grateful for links to them.

    nolanjetson (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. c' est un des albums de yoko ono que je cherche depuis longtemps et que je n' ai encore jamais ecouté. Merci pour le lien et pour tout le blog qui est vraiment très interessant et instructif

    ReplyDelete
  12. ANTOINE wrote:
    Thanks for the post. Great album indeed. I' m also looking for "JANE" ,a German group from the 70's, mostly in prog. as well as i remember, but got no title in mind. May be you' ve got something from them.
    Anyway thanks again for your kindness and hope i' ll read you soon.
    Antoine de Paris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello please link me this please

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to know where you visit me from, etc, as I wrote on my main page for all visitors who want links

    ReplyDelete
  15. For Antoine: I have 6 or 7 LPs by Jane - Tell me what you look for :-)
    Dame V.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to hear this album, i have the ono box but it sound quite different from the album version

    thanks 4 sharing
    Greetings from mexico

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Countess:

    Grettings from Merrie England! Would you please be able to send me the links to the Yoko Ono albums: Approximately Infinite Universe, Feeling the Space and Plastic Ono Band. I think Yoko is definitely worth a re appreciation and has paved the way for a lot of noise and avant garde.

    Look forward to hearing back from you1

    Best wishes

    Kev Trundley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greetings from Merrie England! Looooove your blog!!Would it be possible to send me the links to the Yoko Ono releases, namely: Approximately Infinite Universe, Plastic Ono Band, and Feeling the Space. I am a slow learner and despite being a massive music collector, am just starting to realise what an amzing influence this woman has had on noise, avant garde and punk - often without people realising it! You have some amazing stuff up there on your blogs and I will certainly be spreading the word!

    Keep up the good work and I will look forward to hearing back from you.

    All the best

    Kev

    PS: I tried to put this post in comments on your blog earlier today but the machine was acting up - so I hope this post doesn't show me repeating myself show me repeating myself show me repeating myself show me repeating myself

    ReplyDelete
  19. where are the links to these albums

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Vanessa!

    It's a damn shame that such a good blog was stifled. Could you please email me the links to Approximately Infinite Universe and Feeling the Space?

    I found the site through Google.

    Many thanks,

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Stephen,
    I thank you for your compliments and your solidariety, it's never too much in times like these!
    I assume that you are referring to my ex-blog, Folk Imposible, which I was compelled to deactivate one year ago after an extremely turbulent and short existance, (although it is actually still living somehow, but without any new entry)...
    In the case of this blog, instead, luckily things are going ok, while nevertheless fortune is a goddess that isn't supposed to be challenged ;-))

    So, comin to the point, if you want this beautiful album by Lady Yoko, you just need to write me agin telling me your email address, and you'll see the album fly to you :-))

    Have a nice evening, kiss

    Your Countess Vanessa :-))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings from Liverpool,

    Can you email me the link(s) for Approximately Infinite Universe? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greetings from Liverpool,

    Can you email me the link(s) for Approximately Infinite Universe? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Andy, hy
    Without your email address I can't do anything for you ...
    Greetings back to your FAB town ;-)

    Countess V.

    ReplyDelete
  25. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the link!
    You have a great blog,and I really appreciate your reply!!

    All the best,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Blog!
    Can you email me the link?

    ReplyDelete