UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

18 Feb 2010

CAMELO PARDALIS - Manor live (Virgin, 1973)

It's named Steve York's Camelo Pardalis, but it's actually a kind of supergroup: ex-King Crimsons, ex-Pattos, ex-Stone The Crows, etc, produced by Tom Newman, the same of Tubular Bells.
Despite the presence of so many heroes of those times's Progressive, the album goes much more to the direction of a robust blues.  The people involved are: Mike Patto, Ollie Halsall, Tim Hinckley, Elkie Brooks, Ror Tait, Lol Coxhill, John Lee, Dave Thompson, Jim Mullen, Graham Bond, Mick Moody, Diane Stewart, Pete Gavin, Marc Charig, Barry Duggan, Dave Brooks, Pete Gage.
UPDATE, August 2010:
This is one of the most requested and downloaded albums of this blog, that's why after the original files had been deleted by Sendspace, I did a complete new scan of the vinyl, corrected some small mistakes, and now the LP is ready in a new 320 bitrate format. To all those who requested it, I repeat: please include your email address in your post, otherwise I can't send the link to anywhere...  :-)


As the album results to be quite sought-after, I also did some new pictures, for your pleasure...

.... one of them is an "eulogy" by John Varnom on the back sleeve ;-))


KISS,
Your COUNTESS

26 comments:

  1. Mike Patto and Ollie Halsall? Oh yes! Could you add this one to my growing list of links, please! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say, dearest Manila! :-))))
    kisss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful album, especially i like the first songs. The feeling is not quite folk, more like jazz-blues but still very good and very rare. i have i copy in mp3 by a close friend, not the best quality but i can check bitrates is i can help.

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually publish the 128 or the 192 bitrate version of an album (some rare times, directly the 320) for making things easier, but if you particularly like a title, remember that I can always send you the 320 version.

    XXX Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks vanessa for the quick response! Here are a few more I'd like to locate on mp3:
    coast road drive delicious & refreshing
    Rogue S/T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Contessa Vanessa, could you send me a link to the Manor Live, it features my dad - Mike Patto - and yours is the only site I can find it on. It would be much appreciated, can you let me know how to send you my email address?
    Many thanks
    Kit xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kit, very happy to guest you on my page :-) ! How strange that you don't own a copy of this album, anyway, you are not the first artist or son of artist in search of albums he should be supposed to own.

    I always admired the huge energy that your father's voice was abkle to infund, not forgetting the extreme sarcasm and/or bitterness of some lyrics like "You, you point your finger".
    If you want the Manor Live album, you must simply write me again, here in this comment section, and tell me your PVT email address, it won't be published, and I 'll send you all that you want :-)

    Hug from Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Camelo Pardalis record is really hard to get! It's so unfair Mike Patto and Ollie Halsall didn't receive the attention they deserved. Not only them, the list of musicians here is impressive: I always loved Boz Burrell's singing, and the time he spent with Ian Wallace as King Crimson's rhythm section was, despite some fans' oppinions, most rewarding. That the two played here with Ollie is something I wasn't aware of till very recently.
    Could you please be so kind to send me a link for this recording? My email is (...)

    Thanks in advance... and I'll have to take a closer look at all the stuff you've been posting on your blog, really great and at time very obscure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Souto,
    of course you'll get the link for this great LP, and sorry if I published your email address in the last entry, I did it by accident....

    Contess Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please send me the link of The Camelo Pardalis album! Thank you very much!MZROCK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you this very rare album, but How can I download this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanessa, greetings from Brazil;

    the relationship of musicians who are part of this album, the music found him to be very good, I'll be immensely grateful if you send me the link of that album, so I can know what music is this!
    Congratulations on the excellent collection of albums!

    Thanks in advance!
    Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Nelson, I'm really sorry for such a kind person like you waiting for an answer, as I said, I've been away for about two months, now I will send you the links to your PVT email :-)

    Happy time with this great album! KIss,

    Your COUNTESS :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Contessa

    I've just found your blog. I have this album only on tape, and I'd love to get it in MP3 at 320. Can this be possible, please? My email is - (...) -
    Thanks for all your dedicated work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you too, Rockfan, the album will fly to you today! :-))

    Kiss,Countess V.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Vanessa,

    I have searched for informations about this lp and so I have found your great blog. I listened to the Manor Live back in the good old times but unfortunately I have no copy of it. So, please give me the chance to bring back my memories...
    (my email: xxxxx)

    best regards from germany and keep up your good work.
    csd

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear CSD, hello :-)
    I thank you very much for your kind compliments :-)
    I wish you good listenings, let yourself be credled by happy memories :-)

    kiss to beautiful Germany, byby,

    Your Countess Vanessa :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Please may I have a link to this LP?
    I've heard some tracks but can't find it anywhere.
    Many thanks,
    Croydon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Croydon, yes, you can, but where's your email address...?

    Countess V.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The R&B/"jazz-blues" sound was received warmly from a guy who generally listens to mostly prog, experimental, jazz and classical. I stumbled upon this after finding Lol Coxhill's Ear of the Beholder, a great (and unfortunately under appreciated) prog/free jazz album.

    Favorite tracks include "See the Light", "Trouble, Trouble" and "I'll Be Home".

    Thanks Your Countess,
    Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vanessa,thank you again,through your wonderful blog,for the link.AMAZING RECORD!!!Do you know that,YPSILON is a Greek band.But there are other good,otherwise unknown greek bands as:AKRITAS,APOCALYPSIS,NEMESIS,AXIS,CICCADA,WILL-O-THE WISP,LUKAS SIDERAS(Member of APHRODITES CHILD)are fantastic bands.Iam looking for an american band,they call MIGHTY HIGH"mighty high"1979.Is there anyone send me the link?If one has the album please send it to me.thanks again!Vanessa,congratulations on your best blog.keep up the good job!keep the flame alive!kisses!!STAVROS"ST.VITUS"PREVEZA,GREECE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful album - my copy was stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Vanessa, send me, please, this rare link to my e-mail sde100@mail.ru. Many kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Dimitri, unfortunately I can't send anything to anybody anymore, since at least last November, as you may have read on the notes of my opening page.
    I had to delete practically all my uploaded albums from the servers...
    The only possibility will be, if everything goes ok, on the wonderful site of Leonard, www.redtelephone66.com - maybe I will load there some - or all - of my albums... We will see...
    Cheers, your Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. An Anonymous reader sent me kisses yesterday, thank you - thank you :-)))
    Would like to know more about him/her

    XXX back

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete