UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

9 Feb 2010

YOKO ONO - Plastic Ono Band (Apple, 1969)

This tetralogy of early albums of Yoko Ono resulted to be a success here, especially "Feeling the space" and "Approximately infinite universe", which are exquisite musical gifts, and also inexplicably absent from the blogs.  Now is the turn of her first solo LP, which is a hard hard proof, even for completists. Personally, I approached this LP in those years because of other reasons, I always LOVED the great Ornette Coleman, who (together with Cecil Taylor) is today practically the last of the greatest old forerunners of Jazz still alive, and when I discovered that he was present with his group in a live performance (on the track named "AOS"), I flinged myself to get this LP.  What else remains to say?  Don't expect to find gems and delicacies like in the LPs of 1972 and 1973, my friends. 


I also decided to scan some of my vinyl 45's, and I added a folder with a small group of singles and bonus tracks, some gathered from this 1969 LP and others from some B-sides of singles by John Lennon, for examples "Listen the snow is falling" or "Who has seen the wind", things that otherwise seem quite hard to find.  After a short research, I learn that some of them (but which of them? just some?  or all? and where?) are today available on anthologies, but frankly I preferred to make it short and get things directly from my good old vinyls,

The COUNTESS

4 comments:

  1. What's the PW for Yoko please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on what album you have, Jah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Countess,

    I took yoiur advice about the password for FEELING THE SPACE but the file is still not opening. I'm looking forward to Yoko's PLASTIC ONO BAND and Dave Van Ronk. If you ever have folk related needs, I may be able to help.

    Peace,

    lokisings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Countess,

    No need to worry about the password, at least for me. Turns out, all the songs from FEELING THE SPACE are on ONOBOX ["Run, Run, Run"] just in a different order. There are several bonus tracks from the sessions. Let me know if you need them I've never "upped" anything before, but I could email the bonus cuts.

    Lokisings

    PS Are you loving Ferron? Those records are SO rare, I was looking for them for fifteen years.
    The Internet is MAGICAL. If not exactly legal.

    ReplyDelete