UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

22 Aug 2011

The letter of an ANONYMOUS visitor... 22 Aug 11

I received an "interesting" email yesterday from a visitor, I publish it here, with my answer included
          ============================================
Anonymous said...
waw! tons of great or hard-to-find records on your blogs but no link, useless "her-bloggy-majesty"-blah-blah and your name (again) written of almost every artwork!
Sorry but what's the point of all this if it's not your self-promotion? Let the music live, please!
          ===============================================
Dear Anonymous,

come on, don't tell me that you didn't bother to read the long and detailed statements that I wrote about the reasons why I HAD to stop the activitiy of my blogs.... Are you too lazy or in bad faith? How comes that from last NOVEMBER, you are the first and only one lamenting the way you do?? How comes that the other people READ, and you don't?  Anyway, ok, here's my answer:

How right you are in criticising the fact of the missing links...!! Yes, sure, what is music for if you don't let it live, if you don't spread it around?  This was the spark that prodded me to open my blogs, in October 2009. What else?  But if you still can view my blogs today, it's only because I decided to stop the activity for good before someone else had done it on me: I would have lost all the pages, in that case.
Anyway, till here you are right in what you write. Now let's pass to the other things:

Publicity of myself?!?!?!
No, impossible, and the demostrations are listed here below:
1) I never gained a coin by sending links to the whole world.
2) The only ones who gained something were those people who avoided to buy certain albums ;-)
3) I declined EVERY offer to make money by keeping my blogs alive (and if you are a blogger, you know it very well, now and then people write you offering to add publicity on your pages)
4) I don't need to promote myself in any whatsoever other way, because apart from these blogs, I am not a "public" personality or a public musician who NEEDS promotion for other tasks of herself - do you understand now?

What you call blablah usually is a block of informations and personal opinions regarding what I feel about certain music, or certain albums, etc etc - all stuff that in a musical blog are normally and NATURALLY accepted, when not exptressedly REQUESTED. And comments of others are of course welcome, and your comment is one of them.  If you go out looking in other blogs, from the Baroque music to the Hip Hop ones, comments and indications [which you so tenderly call Blahblah] are an everyday consuetude. Nothing more and nothing less. You can bet that if I had not received those notifications from the DMCA, I would be still now happily and quietly sending files to the whole world, still today people keep asking me for those links, but the danger is too big, as I already have extensively explained in other parts of this blog [and others of mine as well].
As to the pictures, I was originally thinking to delete them all, but then later I thought to leave them here because at least people can have news about albums to look for, and having a foto of the cover helps of course, especially in those many many cases that an album has been printed with different artworks [Ptooff, Circle 'round the sun, The power of the true love knot, The silent corner & the empty stage, Back Door 1st, Two quid deal, Time & a word, The barleycorn, Hello hello, the Butcher, etc etc ]. But after sometime, after seeing that A GOOD NUMBER of my photos were used by other websites without asking me and without quoting me as the original uploader, well, I decided to apply a watermark on almost all of them. Clear now? [this too was largely explained, how come you didn't read it?]

How did you say, "Blog Majesty"?... *smile* well, here you are probably right, you must not forget that a woman can't be easily get separated from her mirror :-)) Some time ago (and I published this!) another furious visitor called me "Cuntess Vagina" :-)) well, it wasn't bad, modestly ;)

Nevertheless, these are MY own blogs, and obviously I am the one who decides to write what I want, not what YOU want me to write.  Don't forget that NOBODY asks you to visit my blog, Mr. Anonymous.
Anyway, fundamentally, I appreciate your moderate tone in the way you write me because I think that it's what I'm deserving, nevertheless, if you wanna lose 3 minn of your precious time, give a look to this page:

http://countess-vanessas-castle-links.blogspot.com/

... just scroll down a bit please, look for the post of 17th November, and READ before writing, and UNDERSTAND the concrete reasons why SO MANY GREAT BLOGS WERE SHUT DOWN (the most recent: Standing at the crossroads, a GREAT blog!), and UNDERSTAND why me and so many more great blogs are still in danger, will ALWAYS be in danger: because there are forces who regulate the "world order" who have ALL the interests to keep culture suffocated, to keep ART suffocated, to keep CREATIVITY suffocated, to keep (in one word) the HUMANISM suffocated.
The men in black really exist, they always did, since thousands of years. It's not just a film!
And one last thing: remember that the main feature of these people's policy is to MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT THE FAULT OF ALL THIS BELONGS TO ME. And today, effectively, if you have decided to write the comment that you wrote, well, this means that you have complied with THEIR game, not me! This means that in this moment those "world-order-people" FEAST that there are comment-writers like YOU, because this means that their bad publicity and obscurantism, HAVE FUNCTIONED!!! This means that you are the instrument that they need. They USE you and they ABUSE of you.  Do you understand this? Anyway, my friend, you're always welcome to write again, no problems. And b4 closing, one (probable) good new: since some time I am thinking and making plans for a possible collaboration with the fabulous website of Leonard "Red Telephone", and maybe (I repeat: maybe) some or all of my albums might be re-published there, so that all the world can get them without problems anymore. Anyway, for the moment, I'm still very very cautious.
Greetings, yours ever
"her-majesty" COUNTESS V. :-)
[Heeeyy,  I  love  being  called  hermajesty! LOL]

2 comments:

  1. i like the thought to see you collaborating together with red telephone providing us with some brain food again. it always was a pleasure to explore his blog and find some "new" tunes!

    all the best and good luck in every case,

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Todd,
    thanks for your kind words, it's beautiful to see you surfacing again :-)

    Yes, all these projects and plans, this time things seem to be getting closer to a possible fulfilment, I'm crossing my fingers.

    At the moment, only one of my LPs is present in the Red Telephone Blog, Dave Van Ronk's "No dirty names" [http://www.redtelephone66.com/2011/02/dave-van-ronk-no-dirty-names-mono-vinyl-1966/] , and the next one coming soon will be "The piece of paper" by Spreadeagle.
    In these last few days our good Leonard was unfortunately busy with some troubles left by the Irene hurricane, but zum Glück he's in great shape and he'll be back pretty soon online, so stay in touch :-))

    Greetings and best wishes to you too, Todd

    xxx Vanessa

    ReplyDelete