UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

3 Jan 2010

PETER COLLINS - First album (Decca Nova, 1970)

His first and only album.
Where the label is supposed to guarantee a certain  hi-class pedigree, actually the music is very poor quality:
Flood of honey-sticky orchestrations, melodramathic violins and Zoom-Pa-Pa explosions, deign more of a circus combo than of a Decca publication.  Anyway, we know how things go in these cases: the fact of belonging to this label means that all those SHEEP-COLLECTORS will sell their souls to get such an LP.  Pity for them!  :-)

Shall I upload it?

The ********************
UPDATE, 20 MAY 2010

After the number of requests arrived for this album, okay, I will see what I can do, although there are so many many albums more (and more beautiful ones!) in the row, waiting for their turn to be recorded on computer, cleaned, etc etc.  Looking and reading the post, it comes definitely the strong suspicion to me that the readers who ask for the album are ALL THE SAME ONE SINGLE PERSON, very likely living around Brighton, according to my "Folkworld" detector, but as I try to be always sweet and kind to the whole world, as far as possible, I will not mind for this "expedient", therefore I will insert this album as well in the list of the things to do .  Probably I will finish it in the next 10 days.
KISS
Your COUNTESS

19 comments:

  1. Yes - please upload

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please upload this!!!!!!
    I love the zoom pa pa explosions
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Andrea, ciao, sei italiano, vedo, a giudicare dal @libero.it
    Ascolta, questo è un album che nemmeno io per me ho ancora messo sul computer, è talmente orrendo, almeno per me, che non ho tempo di mettermi a registrarlo, ce ne sono ancora tanti e tanti, di albums prima di lui, che ancora aspettano di essere registrati puliti e digitalizzati.
    Io ho due richieste per questo disco, e sono troppo poche; per "fare" un album completo e caricarlo sul server mi va via un mezzo pomeriggio, e comunque non sono a casa ora, ma in Germania per lavoro, come ho scritto sul blog tempo fa... Staremo a vedere, quando torno a casa.
    Ciao, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Vanessa
    Devo confessarti di essere molto interessato a sentire il disco in questione,conosco solo un un pezzo,che trovo interessante e ho letto un entusiastica recensione di sweet floral albion.
    Sperando che un giorno tu possa trovare del tempo per caricare tale "ciarpame" musicale ti faccio i complimenti per l'ottimo blog!
    Ciao
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caro Andrea, grazie dei complimenti! :-)

    ...Certo che la faccenda è ardua, a dir poco... mi meraviglio di come si possa essere entusiasti di un tale abbominio, dove l'orchestra, pesante come un macigno, sta a metà fra Winchester Cathedral, marcette militari e i Bee Gees più ampollosi e kitsch dei primi album (senza però dimenticare che almeno le loro canzoni erano sempre piuttosto buone!)...

    Questo disco me lo vendette (o regalò) un collezionista di Roma nel 1979, per due (ma proprio DUE di numero) lire, per via del senso di angoscia che attanaglia l'ascoltatore... Io credo di aver sentito 'sto LP FORSE due volte, e mai per intero, perché ti dico sinceramente, si arriva a un punto, dopo 3 o 4 pezzi, che ci si domanda: "Ma questo è scemo o mi piglia per il culo..??"
    Per ANNI ho cercato di rivenderlo, in quel periodo, ma mai nessuno me lo volle comprare. E quindi mi è rimasto a me, e oggi me lo tengo, dato che ho smesso completamente di collezionare/scambiare/comprare LP da circa 20 anni.

    Oggi si sa che la DECCA gli fece fare il disco, a 'sto tizio, perché suo ZIO era uno con le mani in pasta in svariati traffici, e questo spiega MOLTE cose...
    D'altronde, da allora, non è cambiato nulla, per come viaggia il mondo, quindi nessuna meraviglia!

    Senti, facciamo così: se vuoi un pezzo in particolare che ti piace, va bene - dimmi qual'è, che te lo registro a parte e te lo mando da solo...
    Per ora, come dicevo, ci sono talmente tanti e tali dischi ancora in coda, e poi siete solo in due a richiedermi l'album, tu capisci...

    A presto, buona giornata, ciao! :-)

    Dame V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Vanessa
    Non conosco l'album,ho solo un pezzo "The Party" sulla raccolta "The Further Travels Of Mrs Fitzhenry", non saprei cosa chiederti.
    Apprezzo molto la tua disponibilità e ti capisco benissimo ma preferirei sentire l'album intero,,,magari attenderò in coda,,,

    Il buon Peter Collins è poi diventato un famoso produttore "rock" (bon jovi,rush,alice cooper e altri orrori del genere)

    A presto
    Ciao
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, please upload! Thankyou very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to hear this album again, Countess. I have it on a dusty old tape somewhere, so this should be a very welcome upgrade.

    Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STEVE,
    would you please tell me how could you remove your post after I had already pubslished it? Are you a hacker?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vanessa. Sorry, what happened was that I posted the same comment twice by mistake and so deleted the first one. Definitely no hacking intended, just a bit of tidying up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Steve, I know exactly that you posted it twice.
    But I repeat my question : HOW did you cancel your first comment??
    As far as I know is impossible to delete it, once that it's posted here, unless you are the administrator, which is to say ME...
    So, what happened???

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I sign in, there is a trash can icon after my messages, by the date. By clicking on that you can delete your comment. I don't know if that's different to how it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, I understand now: since you are a registered user, altho you don't own a blog of your own, you can sign in anytime as "Steve" and you can modify your comments. OK, then.

    So, as you see, good news for you, the LP will come :-))

    Dame V.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vanessa. Great news that you've uploaded this! Thankyou so much.

    Do you think you could e-mail me the password as the zip file appears to be locked.

    Thanks,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, Steve,
    finally I decided to make the enterprise and now the album is available.
    But please, write me again and tell me your email address, otherwise I can't send you the code :-)

    Dame V.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dame V,

    My e-mail address is mamemac@yahoo.com

    So thrilled that you've taken the time to do this. As you say, there are probably many albums much more worthy of posting, but this one for me had a special significance. It will make a great gift for some people very dear to me.

    Many, many heartfelt thanks.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well should I also ask for a new repost? Surely I nedd to do so... Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Zico from Greece,
    after the tough insistence of those friends, I surrendered and have scanned the LP, it is still available, no problems, so - same procedure as for the other LPs you asked for - you must write me again giving me your email addrsss :-)

    See you soon, byby

    Your Countess Vanessa

    ReplyDelete