UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

2 Jan 2010

JAN STEELE / JOHN CAGE - Voices and Instruments (Obscure, 1976)



This album, released on Brian Eno's experimental short-lived Obscure label, is a
real masterwork.  Each author has one side, dreamy and haunting voices (Janet Sherbourne, Robert Wyatt, Carla Bley) and music. Many original Obscure albums were lately reprinted by Polydor EG, but this LP was unfortunately excluded.... It never came out on CD, as far as I know, and it's a shame, it would deserve sssooo much to...!!

KISS, The Countess

6 comments:

  1. Sono molto curioso di questo disco(mai visto prima)e da come ne parli cresce la curiosità.Quando avrai tempo,con calma.Ancora un enorme grazie.Fabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabio affezionatissimo, ecco qua tutto per te! :-)


    http://www.4shared.com/file/181765544/765d528e/steele_cage_-_by_VANESSA.html

    pw:
    19766791instruments19766791

    Poi mi dirai ;)

    La Contessa Brutal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chère Vanessa ,
    voici un album perdu ou plutôt vendu il y a bien des années et que je retrouve grâce à vous .
    OBSCURE une bien belle collection jamais rééditée ... mais que fait la police ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be released soon on Community-Library, www.community-library.net. The album will be called "Distant Saxophones" and will include a much better version of Distant Saxophones than on the original vinyl LP, a new recording of Rhapsody Spaniel, and 10 pieces by Jan Steele and Janet Sherbourne in the same vein, some never released before and others only on very rare vinyl, CD or cassette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very glad and flattered to receive post directly from you, Mr. Steele. Thanks very much for the precious infos, I'll surely try to get a copy of the work you mention!
    Thanks once more for the wonderful music that you made on the original Obscure album :-))
    Till soon,
    Your Countess V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Album d'un Pessimiste, it's really my pleasure that you have enjoyed such a good album, that's why I am here for... ;)

    Seems that we are too few to appreciate it, EG preferred to release other things, not this :-((

    Have fun, byby,

    the Countess

    ReplyDelete