UPDATE

***********************************************

DEAR FRIENDS, AFTER RECEIVING FIVE NOTIFICATIONS FROM DMCA, I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY BLOGS, SO ALL THIS SHARING-LINK ACTIVITY IS FINISHED. YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE TEXT I POSTED ON MY PILOT BLOG - - > HERE

FOR THE MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR RECORDS: I'M SORRY, I CAN'T FULFIL THEIR REQUESTS, IT ALL CAME TO A POINT THAT'S 'S TOO DANGEROUS FOR ME. I HAD TO REMOVE THE 97% OF THE ALBUMS I HAD POSTED ON THE SERVERS. The few exceptions are: the bootlegs and the few studio albums authorized directly by the copyright owners.


FOR ALL THE OTHERS, Cyrus (who wants to buy some of my vynil records), Maxoom, Caroalt, Jiro, Trolley Dolly, Phil (who wants my copies of the COB albums), Marnie (who wants my copy of the original "Ptooff"), XJ64, Antiamnbient, Arman, Nicolas, Rick, etc etc , please WRITE ME AGAIN WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, OKAY?

LAST: I RE-UPPED THE FOREST'S LIVE ALBUM FOR THREE PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR IT, SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE.

KISSES - YOUR COUNTESS VANESSA

******************************************************

There are no more LINKS AND REQUESTS available here

.
WHAT IS "PUSSYNBOOTLEGS" FOR...? - - - A CAT IN MOONSHINE BUSINESS? - - - WELL, I LOVE BOOTS, AND FAIRIES WEAR BOOTS - - - I LOVE FABLES WITH PUSS-IN-BOOTS! - - - I LOVE CATS WITH LEGS INSIDE BIG BOOTS - - - AND I LOVE BOOTLEGS TOO ...... and the show goes on! :-)

JUMP DIRECTLY TO....

No pretention of completeness in mind, this blog sees the light with the idea of filling a good number of gaps here and there where I notice that certain music that I particularly like is missing in other blogs. Therefore I will abstain from posting albums that are present elsewhere, except only the cases where I am reported of dirty record scans, incomplete reissues, remixed versions, etc. Other exceptions are cases in which I can offer higher bitrate scans, or also when posting a title is necessary for the completeness of a thread or a discography.

2 Jan 2010

RON GEESIN - Patruns (Ron - private label, 1975)

Ron Geesin, the genius: this is his 6th album - or better his 5th and 1/2, considering that "Music from the body" is a collaboration with Roger Waters


 The label Ron was semi-private, and got a concrete support from Peter Townshend. Copies of the albums were obtainable directly from Ron Records, at least this is what the cover notes say; actually I found my 3 LPs of him in a shop, new and sealed, many ys ago. The same that happened with John Martyn's Live at Leeds, it was also available through regular record shops.

 A small discography, probably not complete, but it's all I know about:

1. A raise of eyebrows (Transatlantic, 1967)
2. Music from the body (Harvest, 1970)
3. Electrosound (KPM, 1972)
4. As he stands (Ron, 1973 - see foto)
5. Electrosound vol. 2 (KPM, 1975)
[ Does anybody have this album?  I NEVER-EVER could find it!! :-(( ]
6. Patruns (Ron, 1975)
7. Right through (Ron, 1977 - see foto)
8. ...some recent live recordings of "Atom heart mother", with Pink Floyd or members of PF, I dunno anymore, I lost track of them...


In the next future I will also upload all of the titles named above, except Music from the body, which you can easily find everywhere online.  I saw that a copy of his first LP is present on another blog, but they miss the track nr. 1 - LOL - So, okay, I will take care of it. :-))))



Kisses, the Countess

5 comments:

  1. You would be a peach to upload more Ron Geesin delicacies like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To be a peach..." Well, I never heard this expression, Mr. Continuo, but in case it's something kind, thank you :-)
    And anyway, yes, I will post those LPs, on my gothic honour...!

    Greetings also to the Cello-n-Harpsichord section from your
    Dame Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Contessa V.,

    Keeper of my heart, feeder of my soul, I am in awe of your considerable rare-vinyl prowess. To say that my heart skips a beat when I read your posts and peruse your eclectic selections of music would be an understatement. Thank you.

    In that vein, I am seeking (desperately, perhaps) a download of Ron Geesin's rare, insanely brilliant (or brilliantly insane) and seemingly impossible to find "Right Through", and would be most indebted if you were able to provide a link.

    If there were any way in which I could return the favour, I would certainly be honoured to do so.

    Many sincere thanks,

    Master F. - Hailing from New York City

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh wow.......!!
    what can one say after such a grandios public celebration...?? I am flattered and blushing, good job that nobody can see me now, this crimson background colour on my blog is the perfect example of how red I am on my face ;-))

    Dear Master F, of course you're gonna get the links asap, promised, on my gothic honour of gothic Lady :-)

    Kisses-Kisses from your Countess Vanessa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. links please, for all of your available Ron Geesin releases. thanks!

    ReplyDelete